Delta, OH 43515
Do you enjoy working in a team environment?
The Advance Group has partnered with a local company looking for a welding supervisor at an area steel mill. This is a working supervisor position and may be direct hire or temporary to permanent (eligible for hire on after 520 hours). Candidates will be repairing ladles, manufacturing lip-ring sections to be installed on ladles, and completing daily housekeeping tasks. Pay is $25/hr or 53K for direct hire.
- 10 Years Working Experience
- 5 Years Management / Supervisory Experience
Supervisor will be required to:
- Repair steel ladles to certification levels and customer expectations
- Remove slag and steel from ladles that can obstruct repairs
- Operate welding equipment, pneumatic tools and power tools
- Operate mobile equipment such as forklifts, cranes and manlifts
- Work in extreme conditions to include heat, cold and unclean environments
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs
Supervisory Role Includes The Following Requirements:
- Communications skills
- Management of subordinate personnel; scheduling / workflow / daily tasking
- Manage inventory of tools, PPE, parts, and materials needed to complete task on time
- Maintain safety training standards and welding certifications for subordinates /self
- Keep higher management informed of all issues and concerns
- The ability to train and teach subordinates effectively
Our mission is to become a true resource to our candidates and connect them with leading employers in Northwest Ohio and Southeastern Michigan. Advance your career with The Advance Group.
Advance Group Perks include:
Health Benefits and Disability Insurance at Low Group Rates
Vacation Pay and Holiday Pay
Performance and Attendance Incentives