Toledo, OH 43612
Do you have Scale Operator experience and are looking for a high energy environment with room for advancement?
The Advance Group is hiring! We are looking for a scale operator for a busy metal recycling facility in the North Toledo area.
- Qualified scale operator candidates MUST be reliable and have strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are REQUIRED in this position.
- This is a first shift, temp-to-hire position.
- This is an excellent opportunity for the right person that can lead to a rewarding career. Related experience preferred but will train the right person.
Shift for the Scale Operator: M-F 7:30am-4:30pm Saturdays 6am-Noon
Pay for the Scale Operator:
Scale Operator job duties include (but are not limited to):
Operate weigh scale equipment and enter shipment data into company software.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual tonnage reports. Track tonnage for the landfill, and materials shipped and received from recovery facilities
- Weigh items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records.
- Maintain daily traffic flow of 20 waste trucks outbound, 15 inbound material trucks, and 3 outbound material trucks. Ship a minimum of three overseas containers per week.
- Supervise daily activities of 5-10 different carriers and 10-20 different drivers.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Excel.
- Data Entry
Requirements for the Scale Operator:
Good with numbers and basic math
- Proficient and comfortable with computers
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience dealing with commercial truck drivers and dispatchers is a plus
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Must be able to know when to ask for help
- Must be able to multi task and work under pressure
- Must be willing and able to learn basic quality control testing procedures
Our mission is to become a true resource to our candidates and connect them with leading employers in Northwest Ohio. Advance your career with The Advance Group.
The Advance Group Perks include:
Health benefits and disability insurance at low group rates
- Vacation pay and holiday pay
- 401K plan
- Referral bonuses
- Performance and attendance incentives