Holland, OH 43528
Seeking Quality Technician for a climate controlled, clean manufacturing facility in Holland, Ohio!
The Advance Group has partnered with a local plastic film manufacturer to find a 2nd shift quality technician.
Hours for the Quality Technician:
- 4pm-2am Monday-Thursday
Pay for the Quality Technician:
- $14.50-$15/hour DOE
Essential Job Duties for the Quality Technician:
- Following standard methods and techniques, inspects and tests product to ensure it meets customer and product specification, and alert production when standards are not met.
- Monitors manufacturing processes to assure process capability.
- Monitors product tracking methods (i.e. UPC, date stamps, etc.). Maintains customer samples.
- Puts questionable product on hold, organizes re-work if necessary, and inspects returned product.
- Inspects and/or approves adhesive solutions for production per work order specification and schedule as required.
- Prepares routine reports including gathering and summarizing data.
- Inspects and tests incoming supplies and raw materials.
- May assist in training of other production employees in quality assurance procedures and standards.
- May review overall SPC and data entry, and may track and/or maintain label and adhesive inventory and generate requisition for appropriate approval, depending upon specific Facility requirements.
- Knowledgeable of proper packaging specifications and acceptable quality for any given product.
- Continual monitoring of product quality being manufactured on the production floor.
- Follows and participates in plant safe housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment. Participates in the GMP and HACCP programs.
- Promotes worker safety by:
- Actively assesses activities on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
- Stressing safe working practices as a condition of employment to associates.
- Assisting in audits of employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines, as well as housekeeping audits and surveys.
- Participating actively on the plant-wide safety team.
- Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- Learning, understanding, and implementing the ISO 15378 quality standard during the course of his/her work.
- Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this positions work meets or exceeds internal and external customer specifications.
- Identifying and correcting if possible any identified quality issues both in the department and plant as a whole.
- Participating in system or quality based training provided by the company or recommended by the company
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP) by:
- Identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations
- Participating in CIP teams to eliminate problems, streamline operations or other areas as defined by management
- Participating in CIP training and exercises designed to expand the potential for continuous improvement.
Qualifications for the Quality Technician:
- Previous quality assurance experience preferred.
- Ability to input and retrieve information on a computer. Prefer Microsoft Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of equipment, instruments and processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High School graduate or equivalent GED certification with 18 months related work experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Our mission is to become a true resource to our candidates and connect them with leading employers in Northwest Ohio. Advance your career with The Advance Group.
The Advance Group Perks for the Assembly position include:
Health Benefits at Low Group Rates
Vacation or Sick Leave Pay and Holiday Pay
Performance and Attendance Incentives