Holland, OH 43528
The Advance Group has an immediate 2nd shift material handler opening. Position requires training on 1st shift and then moving to 2nd shift. 2nd shift hours will be 4:30pm-3am Monday-Friday. Pay will be based on experience.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Material Handler is responsible for transporting material (s) to the specified points to ensure that the production flow is continuous.
- Ensure correct raw material as specified on the job traveler, is available at the operations prior to job start-up
- Weigh all raw material that is to be used on a job prior to bringing it to the job, or document the weight of the raw material per direction. Weigh the material after the job has been run and document the weight in JobBoss or per direction.
- KPI Material I.D. audit during LPA process
- Ensure all boxes and dunnage specified on the traveler are available at the job prior to the start-up
- Ensure all raw material and packaging items for upcoming jobs are available by using the Production Schedule and through direct communication with the Production Manager
- Load and unload Company trucks and freight shipped to and from the off-site warehouse and document per direction
- Keep raw material, WIP and finished goods that is stored in the plant and at the off-site warehouse labeled and stored in proper locations per JobBoss
- Materials are to be returned to stock with correct weights and location per JobBoss. All materials not used in weekly schedule are to be weighed and returned to stock locations daily / weekly
- All packaging / Dunnage are to be returned to inventory when not in use.
- Locate and stage molds per the schedule prior to running tools. Return all molds when not in use to proper location per JobBoss
- Dump scrap containers daily and ensure that the lids are closed on the outside dumpsters
- Participates as an active member of 6-S teams
- Assist with break relief as needed or directed by Production Manager.
- Ability to travel to outside venders / suppliers as need to support production.
- Complete all material / Finished Goods / WIP transactions in JobBoss
WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience as a Material Handler
- Licensed or have the ability to be licensed in the operation of Fork Trucks and Company vehicles.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Ability to work in varied environments outside and inside
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Standing and walking for most of the work day
The Advance Group Perks include:
Health Benefits and Disability Insurance at Low Group Rates
Vacation Pay and Holiday Pay
Performance and Attendance Incentives